Goalscape Release Notes
Changes in ver 2.7.0 (9 December 2012):
Changes in ver 2.6.4 (17 March 2012):
Changes in ver 2.6.3 (24 November 2011):
Changes in ver 2.6.2 (9 October 2011):
Changes in ver 2.5.2340.898 (6 May 2011):
* New feature: Search improved to highlight matching text in selected goal notes.
* New feature: Per project preference to disable alarm clocks on goal map.
* Fixed issue: PDF and Print report generation could hang the application on certain projects.
* Fixed issue: Menu item 'Link to Basecamp Project' now reads 'Link to Basecamp Account'.
Changes in ver 2.5.2311.888 (26 April 2011):
* Fixed issue: Errors in Export to MindManager (MMAP).
Changes in ver 2.5.2305.884 (25 April 2011):
* New feature: Integration with Basecamp.
* New feature: Spellcheck for German, Spanish and UK English.
* New feature: Runtime diagnostic logfile for faster code debugging.
* New feature: Responsible and Tags lists are sorted alphabetically.
* New feature: Improved layout of MindManager projects exported from Goalscape.
* Fixed issue in highlighting feature: "Hide completed goals" option not working with "Before [date]" selection.
* Fixed issue when adding person or tag: selecting new goal before pressing Enter added the entry to the wrong goal.
* Fixed issues in Spanish language mode: Incorrect date format; tooltip text not fitting within the box.
* Fixed issue: goal map image on the title page of exported PDF reports always showed all levels expanded – now matches user selection.
* Fixed issue: 50-character limit for Responsible names and Tags.
* Fixed issue: Goal map image in PDF and DOCX reports not showing goal color selection.
* Fixed issue: Faster switching between project color themes.
* Fixed issue: Incorrectly disabled Save button after goal updates.
* Fixed issue: Project not marked as 'dirty' after applying corrections via spellcheck.
* Fixed issue: Infopoint videos not working.
* Fixed issue: Goal name field not being selected for editing on successive Add Subgoal or Add Neighbor operations.
Changes in ver 2.5.2227.852 (20 March 2011):
* New feature: Goal tags.
* New feature: Highlight goals by Date, Responsibility or Tag.
* New feature: 'Expand Notes' toggle to maximize height of notes area.
* New feature: Spanish language support.
* New feature: UK English language support.
* New feature: Simplified controls for Responsible list in goal panel.
* New feature: Clicking the '?' button at top-right of the screen opens Goalscape Help in a native window.
* Fixed issue: Correct display of text notes bullet points and indentation.
* Fixed issue: Date formats for Start and End dates in the panel comply with language selection.
* Fixed issue: Excessive CPU usage when app is idle (further improvements are ongoing).
* Fixed issues in Export functions: missing date in DOCX report; invalid date format in PDF and HTML reports; missing mouse pointer after a failed export. Added alert when import or export fails.
* Fixed issue: Importing Mindmap projects sometimes failed.
* Fixed issue: Import MS Project XML file did not cope with incorrect outline number.
* Fixed issue: Tooltip and Help menu wordings.
* Fixed issue: Preferences bug when toggling logo setting (project-specific or default).
* Fixed issue: Stalled "loading projects" popup on launch (usually when a last-open project was moved or deleted on the user's hard drive filing system).
* Fixed issue: Occasionally incorrectly disabled Save, Save As and Save Selected Subgoal As functions.
* Fixed issue: Removed Ctrl+ modifier for Insert hotkey: implemented Insert to Add Subgoal, Shift+ Insert for Add Neighbor.
* Fixed issue: Occasional incomplete toolbar error when restoring open projects on startup.
Changes in ver 2.4.1983.775 (5 December 2010):
* New feature: User and project preferences popup panel for: Language, colors, logo image and auto-save interval.
* New feature: Export to DOCX, XLSX, MindManager, MS Project.
* New feature: Import from MindManager, MS Project.
* New feature: Report filtering options (via the "Report preview" feature found in the File menu).
* New feature: Adjustable font sizes in goal map image (PNG) export.
* Fixed issue: Goal panel width is persistently saved for each project.
* Fixed issue: Searching now searches custom notes tab names.
* Fixed issue: Goal map image export (PNG) automatically opens the focused goal map.
* Fixed issue: Save and undo actions were incorrectly disabled in some circumstances.
Changes in ver 2.3.1791.704 (4 October 2010):
* New feature: Export to CSV (spreadsheet).
* Fixed issue with new bullets in user-defined text fields causing bulleting in other notes fields.
Changes in 2.3.1778.696 (28 September 2010):
* New feature: Direct Print.
* New feature: Export to PDF.
* New feature: Equalize importance.
* New feature: Automatic selection of tab for open project when attempting to re-open its .gsp file (no warning pop-up).
* New feature: Autosave. Goalscape files will autosave every 2 minutes.
* Fixed support for opening attached files in native default application when using Adobe AIR v 2.0.3.
* Fixed issue so that spellcheck corrections are always saved to the selected goal.
* Fixed issue with duplicate responsible persons for goal or project.
* Fixed issue with edits to Notes field not always being saved.
Changes in ver 2.2.1582.610 (4 July 2010):
* Service release with bugfixes.
* Updated position of Infopoint for Toolbar.
* Fix for central goal text not being resized properly.
* Fix for customNotes tab index causing crashes when dragging goals.
* Fix for search focus issue related to results not being updated on click, results not being closed on mouse out and popup management.
* Fixed issue with clearing the project recent list when updating from 2.1 to 2.2
* Fixed issue with shortcut CMD + (SHIFT +) G for adding goals that can now be always used.
Changes in ver 2.2.1571.597 (28 June 2010):
* Updated application descriptor to force Goalscape Desktop to use the latest AIR version 2.0.2.
* Substantial internal code refactoring to provide a common code base for Goalscape Desktop and Goalscape Connect.
* New spellcheck feature for Notes and goal names.
* New InfoPoint feature for easy access to video tutorials for all major functions.
* New intuitive goal name editing feature to change the goal name text in the goal map itself.
* New alarm clock icon for goals with overdue end dates.
* New automatic restore feature: on startup Goalscape opens all goalscapes that were open on last exit.
* Fixed issue with GoalPanel background color not changing properly when exiting fullscreen Presentation Mode view.
* Amended tooltip for the goal map collapse/expand levels controls.
* Visual adjustments (various).
* Fixed issue with tooltip placement on collapsed goal arcs.
* Increased the maximum length of a goal name from 72 characters to 100.
* Signed app with an AIR migration certificate (after expiry of previous certificate).
* Fixed issue with storing notesTabIndex and related undo/redo functionality.
Changes in ver 2.1.1326.538 (18 March 2010):
* Updated application descriptor to force Goalscape Desktop to use the latest AIR version 1.5.3.
* Service updates: Flash report and goal marking.
* Added subheader in HTML export report for Notes.
* Improved text truncation in goal map names.
* Fixed issue with double click on Presentation Mode from full-screen to normal on attachments preview.
* Fixed drawing issue for LevelIndicator.
* Fixed default width of property panel for Get Started project.
* Fixed issue with progress on centered goal not updating.
* Fixed issue with Search in user-defined text fields.
* Fixed minor issue so GSP XML files are more compact when goals have no user-defined text fields.
Changes in ver 2.1.1253.513 (17 February 2010):
* New feature enabling a fullscreen presentation mode. Enabled in the View pull down top menu.
* Improved attachment handling for better presentations. Previews of images (photos or diagrams). Easy recognition of broken links. View images within Goalscape in a popup or fullscreen. With AIR 2.0, attachments can be opened without the web browser.
* German release notes link points to the English page.
* Fixed error in the German version of the Get Started template so it can be opened.
* Fixed app window startup size logic so it falls back to default sizing if opened on a different screen.
* Fixed missing custom notes and attachments in the File->Export->HTML report.
* Fixed issue where GSP files sometimes did not open if they contained goals with very small importance %.
* Fixed Ctrl-G shortcut on Mac so it works like Command-G.
* Fixed HTML report hanging when centered goal is not the Main goal. With the limitation that when HTML report is triggered, the goalmap is shifted to Main goal.
* Fixed issue with failed tab selection upon editing custom notes and then selecting the attachments tab or notes tab.
* Fixed MS-Windows issue with the Get Started template being incorrectly selected after starting Goalscape by double-click on a GSP file in the file manager.
* Fixed issue with lingering invalid items in project recent open list.
* Fixed issue with renaming of goals using goalmap single-click.
Changes in ver 2.1.1185.495 (1 February 2010):
* Changed default background color to "Graphite".
* Added calendar tooltip messages for disabled goal dates.
* Added the ability to delete dates for a goal.
* Improved goalmap text resizing mechanism to better handle long-one-word text.
* Improved notes search results to be more compact.
* Changed the order and enabled/disabled state of some goalmap right-click context-menu items.
* Fixed issue with an inability to select goals in the goalmap.
* Fixed issue with not being able to remove the goal rename popup text entry box.
* Fixed issue with removal of stale items in project recent list.
* Fixed issue on MS-Windows where the Getting Started Template was incorrectly shown on program startup, instead of the project for the file opened to start the app.
* Fixed issue with goal responsibles when doing copy-n-paste from other projects.
* Fixed drag-n-drop issue caused by the goal rename popup.
* Fixed irregular goalname text sizing issues in older goalscape projects. IE. Restore default sizing upon open of older projects.
Changes in ver 2.1.1138.467 (12 January 2010):
* Major performance improvements to the visual goal map.
* Bug fixes and improvements for the goal name text auto-resizing.
* Background color theme perference option.
* Added support for storing application window position and dimension
* Resolved issue on Windows with not preserving folder on project Save As directory after project Open
* Increased license activation service timeout
* Added support for goal copy/paste with customNotes and attachment on goal
* Changed goal coloring button to check box for coloring goal children
* Notes/Attachments/Custom Notes tab selection is kept during Goalscape session and also stored in gsp file.
* Improved application quitting with more dirty projects
* Fix for not showing text on collapsed arcs irrespectively of text resizing logics.
* Fixed wrong positioning of importance adjustment thumb.
* Fixed wrong positioning of the pie when changing centered goal.
* Fix for not loading relativeFontSize when opening GSP files.
* Fixed inconsistencies when changing centered goal.
* Fix for borders handling when going up one level form centered goal.
* Fix for the jumping text size and color in the centred goal.
* Fix of PNG export that was hanging the app.
* Fixed pie drawing on HTML export.
Changes in ver 2.0.1058.441 (3 December 2009):
* Updates to the Getting Started project template.
* German version of the Getting Started template.
* Release notes web link works correctly when the German locale is enabled.
* Increased the width of the help window.
* Clicking on the Goalscape logo in header will open up the About Us page on www.goalscape.com
* Enhanced goal borders by enabling the drop shadow filter.
* Bug fix: GoalColorPopup was not always correctly displaying the goal color in a check box.
* Bug fix: Undo/Redo buttons were not correctly enabled/disabled when adding a project after closing all other projects.
* Bug fix: Selected goal in the goal map did not always change its progress correctly if the progress was set to zero.
* Bug fix: Goal map font size changing via the context menu changes the goal under the mouse pointer and not the selected goal.
* Bug fix: Changing the font size will correctly set project dirty (unsaved) state
* Bug fix: Resolved problem with attachments listed in multiple views inside search results
* Bug fix: Runtime error sometimes popped out when closing Goalscape after creating a custom notes tabs
* Bug fix: Resolved issue for goals with small importance and color set
Changes in ver 2.0.987.410 (20 November 2009):
* Implemented user selection of background color options. See the help menu. Default color is now "Graphite".
* Implemented the Getting Started default goalscape.
* Implemented goal coloring feature.
* Implemented user definable text notes tabs.
* Search improvements: grouped search results. Result for all open projects.
* Keyboard shortcut handling improvements:
- Consistent behavior from any menu etc.
- Arrow keys for goal map navigation.
* Goal map performance improvments (minor).
* Goal map context menu changes (rewording).
* Changed English words Child to Subgoal, and Sibling to Neighbor.
* The initial 'Save' will prompt for saving a .gsp file with the name of the project's main goal.
* Improvements to visual styles for responsible popup.
* Changed minimum size for application to 970 x 600.
* Moved position of the "Recent goalscapes" item in the file menu.
* Added a release notes link to the help menu.
* Use new 14-day trial period for new users and preserve old 30-day trial periods for old ones
* Bug fix: fontStyle for date labels.
* Bug fix: Progress locked focus issue when having search results displayed.
* Bug fix: Resolved disabling of Add Sibling menu item in context-menu in read-only mode
Changes in ver 2.0.817.354 (15 October 2009):
* Data search feature implemented. Searching the goals in the currently focused (centred) view.
* Language localisation feature added. See the help menu. German text loaded.
* User control over the width of the goal properties panel versus the goalscape image.
* Disabled misleading hand shaped mouse pointer on responsibility buttons.
* File menu change so the recent open project list size increased from 10 to 15.
* Improved error handling of gsp open failures for files made with old program v0.9
* Changes to the appearance of the main toolbar buttons/icons. "New" button removed since we have the "+" button in the tab navigator.
* Change to a minimal UI scrollbar for long notes text.
* Simplified the file attachments pane. However still using attachments as links to external files.
* Changes and additions to the goal buttons in the top of the goal properties panel.
* Renamed some items in the right click context popup menu.
* Reduced choice of notes text font sizes to even sized fonts.
* Various changes to the project tab navigator. Including a different method of indicating an un-saved project.
* Bug fix: Drag and drop Was not always working for very large goalscapes.
* Bug fix: For notes text formatting controls. Eg. when typing bulleted text or using the colour picker.
* Bug fix: The goal progress slider was not updating after a goal paste operation.
* Bug fix: Handling multiple app quit commands and redundant "... save your changes?" alerts for modified projects.
* Bug fix: Display positioning of the red error tips for the goal edit buttons.
* Bug fix: Disabled focus (shift to centre) on goals with no children.
Changes in ver 2.0.687.315 (17 September 2009):
* Changes to styling and some content of error tip and help tips.
* Updated EULA text.
Changes in ver 2.0.667.306 (12 September 2009)
* Context menu (right click) item re-wordings.
* HTML report output changes to line spacing.
* ErrorTip popup message for limitations imposed on importance drag to maximum.
* Modified undo/redo logic to preserve history after saving the project.
Changes in ver 2.0.658.298 (10 September 2009):
* Export report to HTML.
* Centre goal progress shading is area % instead of radius %.
* Renamed and added pie context menu (right click) options.
* Various colour changes.
* Default notes text size is now 14pt (was 12).
* Disabled the experimental export to PDF report.
* Larger default app window startup size (90%).
* Help menu changes.
* Welcome popup - has Watch video tutorial instead of Watch video intro.
* Bug fix: Prevent GSP file corruption issue when goal importance becomes extremely small.
* Bug fix: Drag+drop works for locked goals.
* Bug fix: Drag+drop copy to same level positioning of dropped goal.
* Bug fix: Save button correctly ignored if no projects are open.
* Bug fix: The "fully collapsed view anomoly" is resolved.
Changes in ver 1.98.568.251 (10 August 2009):
* Fixed problem on Mac wih AIR 1.5.2, where the Quit menu option was ignored, and the About menu option created two version popup windows.
* Renamed menu option in File->Export.
Changes in ver 1.98.554.236 include:
* Fixed problem with main goal importance incorrectly being 0%. Should be 100.
Changes in ver 1.98.552.235 include:
* Trial of importance change in main pie via corner marker drag.
* On Macs, the native OS menu has the hide and hide others options. For a more native feel.
* Added as "Save Selected Subgoal As..." feature in the native OS drop down File menu.
* Export PDF report option is now enabled. Known issues with PDF: No progress indicator, page break issue, no text search in PDF, no links in PDF, large PDF file.
* Added support for exporting to PNG Image of the current pie view.
* Notes supports users typing the TAB key into the text.
* Bug fixes pertaining to deletion and moving of locked goals.
* Improvements to undo/redo regarding smarter goal selection.
* Double-click on gsp file opens a new project during trial period.
* Bug fixes regarding moving of locked goals.
* Performance optimisations: Panel animation is now after the pie transitioning.
* Clock timer pointer (to show the program is processing) when the pie is transitioning.
* Fixed tutorial tips issues when app is opening or closing.
* About popup window is now a native OS window.
Changes in ver 1.98.494.209 include:
* Language (charset) support in the notes and goal name text, for most European languages.
* Fixed application exit logic (Quit in Mac OS menu).
* If program is minimised on the desktop (PC taskbar or Mac Dock), then restore its window upon gsp file open or drop to icon.
* No "new" project opened if starting goalscape to open an existing gsp project.
* Partial bug fix for colour picker in the goal notes pane.
* Pie context menu wording changes.
* Pie context menu delete button disabled when it should be.
* Pie context menu has a "rename" option for the goal name.
* Changed English wording on various view popup tooltips.
* Dashboard (goal form) controls changes: eg. Text entry feature for importance and progress values.
* Notes text entry permits entering of URL links.
* Date (parent/child) integrity checks with auto-adjust upon gsp file open and load from XML.
* OS (native) menu is populated with new Goalscape Desktop items, including the "Recent goalscapes" submenu.
* Application menu using text labeled buttons and different internal UI component.
* Keyboard shortcuts enabled for some common user functions.
* Goal delete button correctly disabled for any centred goal.
* Undo/redo works for changes to the focus of the main pie or the number of collapsed outer levels.
* Support for the ctrl-A or cmd-A text select all shortcut.
* Added smart undoable context-sensitive goal selections.
* Prevent and warn upon goal drag in main pie, if the goal cannot be deleted. Previously the user only saw the drop refusing to work.